Thursday, October 9

Rent-A-Chicken


I have a problem ... I live smack dab in the middle of a huge city - and I want chickens ... I don't even like eggs ... but I want some chickens. There's a house down our street ... They have a sweet old dog who lays in the middle of the sidewalk all day, every day ... and along side that sweet old dog , lives a chicken . Dog and chicken living in total symbiosis ... am totally obsessed with this arrangement . Have been trying to figure out how to make it happen chez moi - Well, I did !!! Now, all I have to do is move to Australia, where they have :


Yes, they'll let you rent chickens ... and if you like it, you can keep them . Rent to own chickens !

If I did get my chickens, they would need a super-cute coop like this one (complete with window box , naturally !) . This one is from Backyard Chickens .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my second attempt to comment; thanks Comcast! Tall Husband switched to a higher speed service yesterday, so now it can go down faster.

What I attempted to write earlier: this makes me so nostalgic! I had a baby chick when I was a teenager. Her name was Peep-peep. She was pink (we didn't know any better back then) and when asked, she would tell you her name, "Peep-peep."

Kelley said...

Aw - Peep-peep - I love it ! Evangeline has determined that ours shall be named ... Chick-A-Boo. She runs around the house saying " Chick-A-Boo Chick-A-Boo Chick-A-Boo Boo Boo . Too funny .